Useful information you may not know about Crete
- Crete is considered the oldest inhabited part of Europe.
- In 365 BC a catastrophic earthquake raised the western part of Crete up to 9 meters.
- Crete has a length of 260 km and a width of 60 km. Τhe narrowest point is only 12 km long.
- The coastline of Crete is 1046 km.
- Sea water is so clear that you can see up to 40 meters deep.
- Snow is common in the big mountains from November to May.
- Over 50% of Crete is located at an altitude of more than 500 meters.
- There are more than 200 gorges.
- Most rivers have water only after a heavy rain.
- There are over 1750 species of plants, 160 of them are endemic.
- There are over 30,000,000 olive trees.
Get access to extended travel tips and useful information upon arrival...
- Kavros, Gergiopoupolis, 73007, Crete, Greece
- Tel: +30 28250 61218
- Fax: +30 28250 61007
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ΜΗ.Τ.Ε. 1042K014A0172200